I ’m not sure about you, but I for one love shopping at the supermarket. In the past, each time I go in with the family, I’m always coming out with lots of unnecessary stuff or overspending until I managed to derive this simple 5 step system.
How not to over spend at the supermarket.
- Make a shopping list before heading to the supermarket. Ensure your list is less than 10 items or fits into a basket. This allows you to pay through the quick counters.
- Stick to your shopping list, don’t deviate and buy other stuff on sale. If they are on sale, make sure you check because not everything on sale is really cheaper.
- Don’t use a trolley, having a trolley will make you want to fill up more. So don’t use it. No space, can’t put stuff in 🙂
- Skip the impulse buy at the counters. Stay focus check out and make payment then leave. Those sweets or chocolates are not for me.
- Buy online, this helps you skip all the offline supermarket traps like sample, nice signal, promoters, etc. You can also verify and stick to your list with online shopping.
I hope this system helps you as it did for me. By the way, I still go crazy from time to time but it’s planned for and I bring the kids to load up once in a while. 🙂
Image source: Pixabay